Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Recipes

Here are some more recipes to try and perhaps add to your menu planner.

My niece Angie shared this recipe for homemade granola.  I feel bad because she brought some for everyone to try at our sprouting class and I totally forgot.  She made it without the powdered milk and it was kind of sticky but I really liked it that way.  I am definitely going to make this granola recipe.

Granola
8 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
1 c powdered milk
1 c sesame seeds
1 c flax seeds
1 c raw sunflower seeds
1 c shredded coconut
Mix together in a large bowl
1 c oil (canola, vegetable, etc)
1 c honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
Mix together, then add to dry ingredients and mix until everything is well coated. Spread evenly on a cookie sheet/jelly roll pan and bake at 170 deg F (or 200 if your oven won't go that low) for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Can add nuts and/or dried fruits as desired


Chia Pudding Recipe

  • 1 cup milk of choice (or Cashew Cream)
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
  • stevia or sugar of choice, to taste
  • dash salt
  • Feel free to customize this basic recipe with any add-ins you desire
Chia Pudding Recipe: Whisk together the milk and chia seeds in a container. Cover, then refrigerate overnight. The next day, stir in all other ingredients. If desired, you can blend for a smoother consistency… but I quite like the texture of leaving the seeds whole. Makes 1-2 servings.

Here is a recipe I found for Sprouted Lentil Tacos that also look wonderful.  I have not made it yet, but I am going to.  It is recipe #3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment