Monday, March 26, 2012

Teaching A Class on Health & Nutrition

This coming Friday I am teaching a class on Health and Nutrition. It is an assignment for The School of Natural Healing that Amanda and I have been taking for the last 2 plus years. We are in our final year and hope to be finished in September. One of our assignments is to teach a class from a list of topics. One of them is on health and nutrition. We have to teach to at least 6 people. I get nervous just thinking about teaching, but I "feel" like I am supposed to teach about this subject. Ever since I changed my lifestyle: eating healthy whole foods, exercising and thinking positively, and lost 85 pounds, I want to share it with others and let them know that it IS possible and easy. Getting in front of people is not actually as scary as I always make it out to be, it is the preparing and the wondering how they "perceive" me and the materials I am presenting. It is definitely a whole lot easier to teach this subject than to teach anything in church (which I had to do yesterday - whew! so glad that is over). I want this class to be fun, not to exciting, but definitely not boring, and very motivational, so people leave thinking that THEY CAN DO THIS!!!! I have the material down, now I just need to work on the approach. Since I am not a born speaker, I wonder how this is done? More studying is needed on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment