Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 4 off of the Systemic Yeast Cleanse Diet

Oh, what fun it is to eat!

It has been wonderful to have green smoothies and strawberries/yogurt/granola and popcorn again. I truly missed my delicious friends. Last night I made homemade ice cream. It would have been wonderful, but I added some garam masala (which I have never used before) and put in way too much. Garam Masala is a natural thickening agent and for some unknown reason I thought I should add it to the ice cream. I never have before, and I never will again. It is slimy when mixed with liquid, and makes things thick, like gel. If we had thrown the ice cream on the ceiling it probably would stick there forever. It altered the texture and made the ice cream kind of weird to eat. Otherwise the ice cream was very tasty.

Chocolate Ice Cream
4 cups almond milk
1 cup agave
1/2 cup raw cocoa powder

Blend in a blender add chocolate chips and peppermint flavoring if you want want mint chocolate chip flavor and pour into an ice cream maker. I use the kind that uses the frozen bowl, and sits on the countertop. I have several different kinds of ice cream over the last two years and love it. It is also really good with soaked cashews and dates, the cashews make it creamy and with the addition of dates you can reduce the agave in half, making it more healthy. One day I want to use coconut milk. I have heard that it makes everything more creamy.

I have decided that I want to try "very hard" not to eat buttered popcorn and so I am trying different things. On Saturday night I mixed a little olive and coconut oil and seasonings (salt, onion and garlic powder). It was very tasty, but after several minutes the oils were feeling very heavy in my stomach. I just don't know what to do, because I don't want to return to butter, and I don't want to give up popcorn. What a dilemma.

Todays lunch was a taco salad with tortilla chips on top. Tasted wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment